Thursday, April 10, 2014

Spring Smells like Heaven

The Hyacinth are in bloom as well as the peach tree!
 

























They are so beautiful and I love that our yard is full of girly pink flowers! Hopefully the pink
dogwood will not be far behind.






































I also have to mention that the smell of peach tree blossoms are absolutely amazing! One of my favorite things and one of the things I miss the most about living in Arizona (have I mentioned I used to live in Arizona?) was the smell of the orange blossoms. They completely permeated the air. Of course my one little peach tree does not permeate the air, but it still smells incredible. Maybe I should plant a peach orchard for full effect!! :-)

I'm still working on new paintings and will share as soon as I'm done. I'm also building a new website. I'll update you as soon as it goes live. It will be my "professional" artist site. I'm so excited to get it up and running!!!

Have a wonderful day and I'll talk to you soon!

-Shelly 

12 comments:

  1. Good morning, Shelly. I'm eager to see your new artist site! I will have to immerse myself in it and see if I can pick up some of your talent.

    Well, our granddaughter finally arrived about 9:30 last night--8lbs. 7oz. Olivia June. We're getting ready to go visit her this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I never remember to hit "reply"....anyway I replied below but I also wanted to tell you that I left you a comment on my previous post with a quote in it that I love ( I'm not sure if you saw it)...it's what I think of when I don't care for what I'm painting and it makes me push forward because I know it will only get better if I keep working at it! :-)

      Delete
    2. You'll have to excuse me I just worked at 10 hour shift and I'm in a bit of a brain fog! But I also wanted to tell you I LOVE the name Olivia, a good friend of mine has a daughter that she named Olivia and I think it's such a sweet and charming name. I'm so happy for you Cathy and can't wait to hear all about her!

      Delete
    3. Hi Shelly, I saw the quote from your Grandmother and Ira Glass and I responded to it.....I thought I sent you and e-mail, but now I'm not finding it. I will keep looking for my earlier response...

      Delete
    4. Maybe I just replied to your comment and it went astray! At any rate, it was quite long and I told you how much I appreciated the quotes....I really must find my comment!

      Delete
    5. I found it! I sent it to your Blog e-mail address on April 5. If you don't find it, I'll just post it on that Blog post. It was quite long.

      Delete
    6. No biggie, I just wondered if you had seen it. I'll look through my email.... I get so much junk email I sometimes delete things I don't mean too. Today I had 116 emails! That's crazy! ;-)

      Delete
    7. I just copied my e-mail and posted it on your previous post. :-)

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS! That's wonderful Cathy!!! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm pretty excited. Just wish I could see her every day.

      Delete
  3. I have birds Shell!!! Real,live birds are chatting outside of my window this morning. Spring is here!!!!

    ReplyDelete