Friday, July 19, 2013

Thoughtful Eating


Had this for lunch, it was ok...I'd rather make my own.
I don’t know about you, and this may sound strange, but I’m very interesting in seeing what other people eat. Maybe it’s because I love to cook and eat and don’t even get me started on looking at foodgawker.com. The problem with looking at sites like food gawker or food on pinterest is that I always want to cook what I see and a lot of what I see is not so healthy. I’m 39 years old and I do think it’s time that I start taking my health seriously. I honestly have very bad eating habits. It’s the old fat, sugar, salt addiction. I will graze on junk food all day long and never really sit down to eat a proper healthy meal. I’ve decided that I’d like to devote at least 1 post a week to what I’m eating. I’ll be taking photos of everything I eat for the day. I think the idea is that I won’t want to record my mindless grazing and actually try “thoughtful eating”. Now, I’m not saying there will be no sweets or junk food, but if there are I will show it.  My biggest problem I think is really portion control. If my husband gets donuts on Sunday morning I don’t need to eat 2, I only need to eat 1. Not that donuts are a healthy choice, but you get the idea hopefully. I don’t want to live in a world where the food police are pecking around in my head. I still want a Danish and coffee on occasion! I’m on my second week of what I’m calling  “thoughtful eating” and I have to say I’m pretty proud of myself. I did have a slip up today and that’s why I decided to go ahead and kick start my thoughtful eating posts. I’ve been doing some grazing and skipped a proper lunch. Eating cheese puffs then an apple then a few caramels is not thoughtful eating! Here are the photos of the food I ate last week. I didn’t do photos this week because I was out of town and then had company, but I will start again monday. Weekends are excluded since our weekend scheduals are all over the place and often times we only get 2 meals in.  One thing I have noticed is that the act of taking the photo really promotes thoughtful eating! Who wants to eat junk, have a photo of it, and then beat yourself up for eating poorly? Also, if I am feeling like eating something that I should'nt I'm way to lazy to take a photo so I'd rather just skip it.   :-)
DAY 1

Breakfast: Stawberry mini wheats and almond milk


Lnch: Lean Cuisine salad editions and water
Snack: Vanilla yogurt and red grapes

Dinner: Tikka Masala with Jasmine rice and I ad loads of peas and carrots

Dessert: slice of German chocolate cake from the bakery

DAY 2                         
Breakfast: Honey Bunches of Almonds and half a bananna 

Lunch: Spring greens with egg, bacon, peas and homeade honey dijon dressing



Snack: Vanilla yogurt and red grapes...I love this stuff.

Dinner: Chicken Fajitas, grilled chicken with red peppers,
onion, lettuce, and some sour cream. Carb balance tortillas.

Dessert/Snack: A few coconut cookies and a decaf nescafe latte
 that I maked over ice. This is so good, you just meassure your nescafe
 into about 2 tablespoons HOT water to disolve then add cold milk or
 water and and ice.  



DAY 3
Breakfast: Strawberry mini wheats


Lunch: Tuna salad with spring greens on whole grain


Snack: Grapes with vanilla yogurt


Dinner: Boston Market Turkey Medallions


Snack: apple


Dessert: 1 scoop chocolate ice cream with whipped cream,
a cherry, and a cocnut cookie.



DAY 4

Breakfast: Honey Bunches of Almonds and half a banana


Lunch: Tuna salad with spring greens on whole grain bread


Snack: Dark Chocolate and peanut and almond granola bar


Dinner: Rigatoni with Arrabbiata Sauce, grated parmesan,
and half a whole grain focaccia roll with olive oil and balsamic drizzle.


Dessert: Oreos and a decaf latte (nescafe)



DAY 5


Breakfast: Lucky Charms with half a bananna.

Lunch: BLT


Snack: Big surprise, vanilla yogurt and red grapes


Dinner: Penn Station chicken teriyaki with mushrooms, and fries.




No comments:

Post a Comment