Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Snow Peas

"How luscious lies the pea within the pod." -Emily Dickinson

I think snow peas may be my favorite vegetable. Easy to grow, easy to keep, easy to cook, and delicious. I also happen to think they are very pretty when blanched. One of my favorite healthy snacks is snow peas with hummus. I usually just use them like a chip and dip them, but you can pipe hummus into them very easily if you need something a little more fancy for a party.



I grew them last year and just a few plants kept us in peas all summer long. I blanch them right after picking and pop them in a freezer bag until ready to use. I dry them on a kitchen towel before putting them in the freezer.


We ate a lot of Asian last summer! That's ok, it's one of my favorites and my husband who is not a fan of vegetables actually loved the snow peas. Whenever we are in a restaurant and the waiter/waitress asks if he would like a salad, his favorite thing to say is "No thanks, I'll die if I eat anything green." I'm happy to report he's not been killed by any rough green vegetables.


It's chilly here in Kentucky this morning. The wind is blowing but the weatherman is saying we will get up to 85 tomorrow. I guess it's true what they say, if you don't like the weather just wait 10 minutes. It'll change. Hope you're enjoying your morning and get into something fun today! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment